среда, 14 июня 2017 г.

What I’ve learned from nursing 2 kids for 3+ years

What I’ve learned from nursing 2 kids for 3+ years

I’ve been breastfeeding for 3.5 years non-stop, I’ve nursed one baby, I’ve nursed a toddler, I’ve nursed during pregnancy, I’ve nursed a baby and a toddler, I’ve nursed two kids at once, I’ve nurse at home and I’ve nursed in public. During this time I’ve become pretty passionate about nursing.


If you would have told me that I was going to nurse past the age of one before I had my first kid I would have never believed you. It’s not that I saw anything wrong with nursing but I just wasn’t informed and didn’t realize how normal it is to breastfeed past one. I also didn’t know that babies are not ready to wean just because they turned one.


This week is World Breastfeeding Week and during this special week I want to share all I’ve learned about breastfeeding. Every year a new theme is chosen, and this year’s theme is:


about how breastfeeding is a key element in getting us to think about how to value our wellbeing from the start of life, how to respect each other and care for the world we share


Breastfeeding is amazing! Your own body is able to produce exactly what your baby needs, it gives your baby life, comfort and gets them off to a great start in life. Breastfeeding is also a very special way to bond with your baby.


I know breastfeeding it’s not for everyone but this is not a post about how or what to feed your baby. This is a post to honor breastfeeding.


It is sad that some mothers are shamed for breastfeeding and that has to change. We can make this change by nursing in public and by sharing information with our friends and family. We can normalize breastfeeding and empower other nursing mothers.


All your breastfeeding questions are answered in this post, from what to expect to tips on how to nurse in public. Click to read or pin it for later.

I’m going to share with you everything I’ve learned about breastfeeding in the past 3.5 year. Click on the image to read the post.


Breastfeeding tips:


Don't let the fear of nursing in public stop you from doing what's right your baby. Check out these tips to nurse with confidence. #breastfeeding #nursing #breastfeedinginpublic #nursinginpublic #nursewithoutfear

Learn how to breastfeeding while lying in bed to get a good night's sleep. #breastfeeding #nursing #breastfeedingtips #nursinginbed

Can your milk supply be affected by how much water you drink? Click here to find out much water should you be drinking when you're breastfeeding; or pin it for later.

Are you breastfeeding and craving sweets like never before? Find out why + tips on how to deal with it. #breastfeeding #cravings

Are you having breastmilk supply issues? Try these recipes to boost your milk production. #breastfeeding #nursing #lactationcookies

A little breastfeeding poem I wrote thanking all the nursing moms:


20140805-113103-41463409.jpg

My experience breastfeeding:


Learn about what to expect during the first 6 months of breastfeeding plus find all the answers to the questions you might have. #breastfeeding #nursing #baby

#breastfeeding #nursing #baby

My breastfeeding journey 12-24 months

#Breastfeeding #nursing #pregnancy

Breastfeeding your baby on demand is a great way to make sure your baby drinks the necessary amount of milk. #breastfeeding #nursing

I hope these posts help you in your breastfeeding journey and empower you to nurse for as long as you want.


Remember, you know what’s best for your baby. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.


Happy nursing!


Original article and pictures take i1.wp.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий