вторник, 4 ноября 2014 г.

Nursing Essentials for Every Mother

Nursing Essentials for Every Mother
nursing essentials

Well the second time around has been difficult for us over here. I thought for sure that with my one year experience of breast feeding, I would be a pro �� However, every baby is different and when you are delirious and sleep deprived, you also have minimal brain power. I have been seeing a lactation consultant for Ellie and we are slowly nursing our way back to health over here. What a painful experience though, let me tell you! All you mamas know, I am sure!


I wanted to create a list of things that help me along my nursing journey and I hope that they will help you too!


1. Wireless bra with lace & Full coverage lace bra (I took out the wire because wires can cause mastitis!) –> these are my absolute FAVORITE nursing bras. I wear them on the daily and I even wore them after I was done breastfeeding. They are so comfortable!


2. Nursing Cami –> Stock up on these babies! They are so necessary and make nursing on the fly so much easier!


3. Lanolin Cream –> these will save your nipples, I promise you. Have this on hand and in your hospital bag.


4. Black & white plaid dress –> Finding cute clothing that you can also nurse in, is tough. I love the shirt dresses for fall and this one is ADORABLE.


5. Plaid Dress –> Another super cute shirt dress that makes nursing easy.


6. Wraparound cardigan –> I just love the way these loosely wrap around the front and they are great for breastfeeding


7. Lansinoh Soothies Gel Pads –> I used these when everything was really raw and hurting like the dickens. I used them for 24 hours (after applying breastmilk every time I nursed). After 24 hours I just used breast milk and then lanolin.


8. Earth Mama Angel Baby Organic Milkmaid Nursing Tea –> I love making myself a cup of tea every night and it definitely helps my milk supply as well.


9. Nursing Cover –> I love this nursing cover. It also works as a cover for car seats and shopping carts as well. Win – win!


You can also read the post that I put together on getting your milk supply back up over here! I wrote this post when I was 4 months postpartum with Liv and these all really helped me with my supply!


Other great resources for moms:


GENERAL // Things I Wish I Knew Before Our Baby Arrived (Written by over 50 other mothers!) // What to Bring a Mom after she has a Baby // New Mama Must-Haves // How to Transition from a Bottle to a Sippy Cup // Why you Should Hire a Birth Photographer // What I’ve Learned as a Mom Thus Far


BREASTFEEDING // Best Foods to Eat while Breastfeeding // Nursing Essentials // 10 Tips for those that Plan to Breastfeed // Nursing Essentials II // How to Increase your Milk Supply including a recipe for Lactation Cookies!


BABY REGISTRY GUIDES // Baby Registry List AND Free Printable Checklist // The Ultimate Baby Registry Checklist //


FOR AFTER BABY // A Letter to My Postpartum Body // 10 of the Best Online Kids Shops // 30 Going on 13: A Tale of Postpartum Puberty //


& don’t forget to join in on the #latenightnursingfeed!


Original article and pictures take www.lynzyandco.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий