среда, 14 мая 2014 г.

My Favorite Breastfeeding Tips & Current Nursing Top

My Favorite Breastfeeding Tips & Current Nursing Top

This post is brought to you by Nordstrom. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that I truly love working with and that make this little blog possible!


I have been asked so many questions about my top breastfeeding tips recently and figured that today would be the perfect day to chat with you about my favorite breastfeeding tips! You may remember my post a few months ago about breastfeeding in the first few weeks and how to get by, if not, you should definitely go check it out here! It has a ton of amazing info and if you are due any day now, you may find it helpful!


My Favorite Breastfeeding Tips


During my first year of motherhood, I just barely made it through. Blood, sweat and tears for the majority of 2013/2014 and I swear that three children is easier than one. It’s the not knowing that is so difficult and the anxiety that pursues when you don’t know what to do or what is happening. With the second and third child, I at least have an idea of what to expect and how to possibly cope with it! My best advice is to prepare as much as you can. Watch videos on Youtube (no joke, here is a great one) on how to get that first latch absolutely perfect. This will save your nipples from being destroyed in those first few weeks and will save you a lot of discomfort. Read as much as you can about breastfeeding (check out these tips here), talk with friends about what worked and didn’t work for you and most importantly, make sure you have access to a lactation consultant.


Read about getting that deep latch here!


Motherhood blogger, Lynzy & Co. talks about her favorite breastfeeding tips and her new favorite button down poncho that's perfect for nursing!

Invest in a few nursing friendly options for clothing. The first year of motherhood is a full of greasy hair, under eye circles and more sleep deprivation than you ever thought possible. One thing that I can guarantee a pick YOU up? A cute looking top that you can easily breastfeed in. Believe it or not, these are somewhat hard to come by unless you’re in the dead of summer and can rely on a flowy tank top! Winter time is especially difficult because who wants to be exposed when it’s freezing outside?! Anyways, I digress. If you are currently nursing or expecting sometime soon, I would highly recommend you treat yourself with a cute new top to make you feel like a million bucks. Send your partner a link to your favorite nursing friendly top as a little hint hint for the holidays �� I have been wearing this adorable UGG poncho (I am wearing size small for reference) for a few weeks now and I absolutely LOVE how easy it is to nurse in! You can easily dress it up with some faux leather leggings and heels or dress it down with your favorite cozy leggings and some Ugg boots (and these cozy socks)! It wold also make the perfect gift for someone that you may know that is expecting soon!


Motherhood blogger, Lynzy & Co. talks about her favorite breastfeeding tips and her new favorite button down poncho that's perfect for nursing!
SHOP the PONCHO dressed UP

SHOP the PONCHO dressed down


SHOP other nursing friendly TOPS


Motherhood blogger, Lynzy & Co. talks about her favorite breastfeeding tips and her new favorite button down poncho that's perfect for nursing!

When you start breastfeeding, if you end up having significant soreness and notice that you have cracked or bleeding nipples, make sure you call a lactation consultant RIGHT AWAY or you can even get help online here! You can also use coconut oil on your nipples after feedings to help heal them quickly (also a natural anti fungal, antibacterial). If they are getting worse or you end up with a laceration (or a cut) on your nipple, have the pediatrician or your OB call you in a script for APNO cream (aka heaven in a bottle) and you’ll be feeling better in no time! I have heard some amazing things about the silverette cups as well. They are a bit pricey but worth every penny and heal things up fast!


Motherhood blogger, Lynzy & Co. talks about her favorite breastfeeding tips and her new favorite button down poncho that's perfect for nursing!

Lastly, don’t let breastfeeding keep you from getting out of your house! With my first child, I never left for fear of feeding in public and not being able to find the right chair to nurse in, fear of others seeing me, and so many other factors. Breastfeeding in public is so much more prevalent now than ever and the more we all practice it, the more it becomes second nature. Feeding your baby is a necessity and it can happen wherever, whenever. You can read my tips on breastfeeding in public here! I don’t like to use a cover, rather I love to wear clothing that I can easily nurse in – like this poncho!


Motherhood blogger, Lynzy & Co. talks about her favorite breastfeeding tips and her new favorite button down poncho that's perfect for nursing!
SHOP my favorite boot socks HERE:

Original article and pictures take www.lynzyandco.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий